I use ajax suggest at my website with the following codes. I tried
converting them to JQuery after reading few tutorials. I get showHint
() is not defned error. What is wrong where?

Basically,

I submit to test.asp?Process=CheckCustomer then I get results as xxx,
xxx2, xxx3...

function showHint()
{
$.get("text.asp?Process=CheckCustomer", { QUERY: "TUNCEL" },
        function(txtHint)
        {
        document.getElementById("txtHint").innerHTML=xmlHttp.responseText;
        }
);

--------------

var xmlHttp

function showHint(str)
{
if (str.length==0)
  {
  document.getElementById("txtHint").innerHTML="";
  return;
  }
xmlHttp=GetXmlHttpObject()
if (xmlHttp==null)
  {
  alert ("Your browser does not support AJAX!");
  return;
  }
var url="?Process=CheckCustomer";
url=url+"&QUERY="+str;
url=url+"&sid="+Math.random();
xmlHttp.onreadystatechange=stateChanged;
xmlHttp.open("GET",url,true);
xmlHttp.send(null);
}

function stateChanged()
{
if (xmlHttp.readyState==4)
{
document.getElementById("txtHint").innerHTML=xmlHttp.responseText;

function GetXmlHttpObject()
{
var xmlHttp=null;
try
  {
  // Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari
  xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest();
  }
catch (e)
  {
  // Internet Explorer
  try
    {
    xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
    }
  catch (e)
    {
    xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
return xmlHttp;