You can with my form validation plugin.

http://shugartweb.com/jquery/form

There is an option that you can pass called 'ignore'. It is a selector
for all fields that should be ignored in validation. By default it is
':hidden', but you can put anything in there such as ':hidden,
[value="default value"], .example-field'. It will then ignore those on
validation.

If you have any questions, changes, suggestions, comments or just
would like to collaborate, let me know.

Trey