James, that problem that you just described is the exact problem that
I am having.  I can get the autocomplete plugin to update a hidden
input with an id value perfectly fine if the user selects a value from
the list and triggers the result() function, however I also need it to
clear the hidden input in every other case.  Do you know how to
accomplish this, or what part of the autocomplete plugin code might be
relevant if I were to add something in?

Thanks.