Hello Peoples.

I have been working on an interface using the jquery plugin ScrollTo.

I have large left and right buttons which scroll the page content left
and right.
10 items are displayed at a time, when the visitor is on item 10 the
left and right buttons load the page with next or previous ten items.

Here is the testing page:
http://www.kith-kin.co.uk/xmas08/studio/

I needed to find out which item was being 'viewed' so the buttons
would perform correctly, even if the page was manually scrolled.

I count which item was being viewed by taking the scroll offset and
then looping through the width of the content. I think this
could be improved, I am not that well versed in javascript / jquery.

Here is the js, the calculation is in the scroll function.
http://www.kith-kin.co.uk/js/09/studio/kithkin.js

Can I do this calculation only on horizontal scroll, jquery's method
seems
to be for both vertical and horizontal.

Or could i run the calculation only at the end of scrolling, not
whilst scrolling?

Any tips or suggestions would be ace, im still learning!

Cheers.

Ian.