  From:       ezod <pured...@gmail.com>

  To:         "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>

  Date:       02/09/2009 11:40 AM

  Subject:    [jQuery] input file and val()

Hi there,

I tried to "reset" a file input element by using "val()".

             <head>
                         <title>FooBar</title>
             </head>
             <script src="jquery.js"></script>
             <script>
                         $(document).ready(function() {

                                     $("#resetMe").click(function () {
                                                 $("#input1").val('');
             </script>

             <form name="foo">
                         <input id="input1" type="file" name="foobar">
                         <input id="resetMe" type="button"
value="ResetMe!">
             </form>

This works fine for FF, but IE doesn´t (re)set the value.

Any hints?

TIA
ezod

<<inline: graycol.gif>>