Are you *sure* that parent > child doesn't work in IE6?

I could see that this CSS declaration, and pretty sure it doesn't work

ul > li {
     color: blue;
}

but part of the magic of jQuery (and other libraries) is that it takes
that into account already..... and saying $("ul > li") should work no
matter what (supported) browser it runs on