I made an example that simulate the strange behaviour.
It is possible to download it here

http://m4zi.ucoz.com/tabs.zip

I made a test case that works: it's possible run it opening
containerTabs.htm

indexContainer.html contains the test case that does not work.

It seems that accessing from an iframe to another iframe where is
defined the tabs is impossible.
I can access any other elements in the iframe that contains the tabs
but the tabs.

Any idea?

Kind regards.

Massimo