Changing the image source is the simplest "Ajax"y thing to do, just $
('#webcamimage').attr('src', 'http://example.com/cam.jpg'). If the
filename is always the same, the browser will use the version of the
image from cache, which is not what you want. Add a query string to
change the filename:
 $('#webcamimage').attr('src', 'http://example.com/cam.jpg?time='+Date
())
Danny