I'm working for an alt-weekly paper, and we have some animated flash
ads that come from various sources, which aren't setting the WMode of
their flash ads.

further complicating things, our ad server backend is a shared
platform, so I can't go modifying the script that generates the object
tags.

even /further/ complicating things, the ads display in an iframe on a
different domain, so I can't modify the object tag after the fact
(which adobe's stated doesn't work anyway, although I've seen
otherwise?)

I'm wondering if anyone's come up with alternative solutions, like
embedding a swf in a parent div of a lightbox to force it on top of
other flash objects, etc...I'd try it, but I don't have flash :]

My first thought was to import whatever html was needed directly into
a swf in the lightbox, but apparently flash only supports limited html
(still?!?).

Anyone have a novel solution for this? Even if it doesn't work across
all browsers, if we can reduce the number of browsers it's a problem
for, and get our advertisers to start publishing with the "windowless"
option, it's better than where we're at now.