I put examples of my problem online at http://www.geobop.org/Test.php
and http://www.geobop.org/Test2.php.

It was working fine until recently. I don't know if the problem was
caused up upgrading to jQuery 1.3.1 or if I just messed up my files
somehow.

The scripts on the first page don't work at all. But if you mouseover
the Microsoft banner in the top right corner, you'll see that
something is happening internally.

As I recall, I originally added the following CSS styles in the head
section to fix a problem with #triggerRegions' menu (top center of the
page)...

.trigger {
  position:relative;
  cursor:pointer;
  z-index:2;
}
.menu {
  position:absolute;
  visibility:hidden;
  overflow:hidden;
  z-index:1;
  margin:0;
  padding:4px;
  background:#BF8660;
}

In the second example, I added the CSS styles again, but the scripts
again don't work. However, if I delete the line "visiblity: hidden,"
then everything works perfectly - except that a little table listing
regions is frozen open when you load or referesh the page.

How can I fix it so that ALL my menus remain invisible until someone
mouses over them? I had some suspicions that there might be some sort
of conflict with one my style sheets, but I haven't tracked it down
yet.

Thanks for any tips.