We've been using the following setup for a few years now:
jquery + thickbox (iframe option) showing a form that can be used to
upload a file
Note: on the main page (not the ThickBox modal page) there is a Google Map.

When first writing this, it was hard to find a selection of tools that
made uploading a file form a modal (ThickBox style) dialog possible.

Since updating to jQuery 1.3.1 (we skipped 1.3 due to IE bugs that
have since been fixed), the following happens:
- everything seems to work normally
- when ThickBox returns control to the page, even if the form wasn't
submitted, the Google Map becomes unresponsive
- FireBug does not show any JavaScript errors
- Our ThickBox is "line 79 patched", so the @-style selector is no longer used

I had to revert back to 1.2.x to make the page work again. Couldn't
find any obvious errors, it was just as if the original page was still
blocked somehow. The normal form elemtns were responsive htough.

Questions:
- does anyone recognize this behavior?
 ThickBox hasn't been updated for a while, seems obvious that it will
go out of sync with jQuery if it isn't picked up -- any alternatives
that can do the iframe trick?

Thanks for your time!

Dylan