I would love to get to the bottom of all these and figure out cases of
"recommended" and "bad" uses of jquery selector. I came across jquery
a couple months ago and got excited with how easy it is to use this
framework rather than doing getElementFromMyAss all over the page,
typing that long syntax get my fingers tired too, pun intended. Pretty
soon, however, I got to the point where speed and efficiency becomes a
visible matter when the document gets large (mostly with table cells).
Come to think of it, I may be working towards something similar to
google docs spreadsheet apps, but not meant as spreadsheet, just a
huge table with some interactivity. It downs on me that I cannot take
selector methods lightly and should try to use the most efficient way
on how jquery operates, even if it takes of redoing the underlying
structure of the document so that I can take the most advantage of
jquery methods.

Please carry on....