Currently, I have implemented a small image gallery using the jQuery
Cycle plugin. It's working perfectly but I would also like to add
callbacks. How do I successfully do this? I currently have:

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
        jQuery('#frame1').cycle({
        fx:'fade',
        speed:'500',
        timeout: 0,
        next:'#next2',
        prev:'#prev2',

What I would like to happen is as a user scrolls to the next image
(which fades in) the image and its corresponding caption appears
(basic styled text below it). The same action also when a user clicks
previous for the last image.

Also, I have general concerns about script loading. I have quite of
number of linked js files in my header. Seemingly, when you select and
view a webpage for the first time, the above script doesn't work -
only when you hit refresh does the image gallery appear properly. Is
this a problem at all?

Anyway to make the most of browsing loading time?

Thanks!