  From:       Frederik Ring <frederik.r...@gmail.com>

  To:         "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>

  Date:       02/18/2009 08:14 AM

  Subject:    [jQuery] Auto-Replacing HTML-entities

Hello!

I have setup a simple editor site for a image gallery where the user
can visually edit (sort entries, add entries, edit captions) the HTML
of a <ul>. When finished the content gets saved via PHP. Is there a
simple way to have special characters in image captions converted into
HTML entities?

The way I read the then transmitted <ul> is:

var html = $('#container').html();
$('#textfield').text('html');

The content of the #textfield is then written into a new HTML file. Is
there a jQuery-way to do it or would I have to use a RegExp?

Thanks!

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>