Does anyone know how to mimic the Google Calendar time select/text
input using jQuery?

I have autocomplete working on a different field in my form and
thought that it may work for hour and minute selection on a text
input, but I cannot get the values to show up unless the user clears
the field entirely, which is not that intuitive.

What I really want is for the available options to pop-up when the
user focuses on the field regardless of whether their is a value in
the field already or not. Then, the user can either choose one of the
options or type in their own value.

Thoughts? Ideas?