I'm sure there's a simple answer to this buried somewhere in the
jquery library, or in the jquery object returned by the selector...
but I''m just not seeing it.:(

I need to store a reference in a cookie to an element that was
clicked. I know how to detect which element was clicked, and how to
write the cookie, so those are not the problem. My problem comes in
that I'm not sure what the reference to that exact element is that I
would store in a cookie to find it again on the next page load. The
elements in question have no css #id so I'm not sure what unique value
I can use to store in the cookie to get me back to that element later.

Thanks in advance.
Marty