You can use PHP or most other languages to manage your tabs.

For example you could do something like this :

tab links :

http://yoursite.com?t=1 For tab 1
http://yoursite.com?t=2 For tab 2
http://yoursite.com?t=3 For tab 3

and an simple PHP code :

<?php
if($_GET['t'] == 3){ ?>
<h2>This is tab3 contents</h2>
<?php
} else if ($_GET['t'] == 2) { ?>
<h2>This is tab 2 contents</h2>
<?php } else { ?>
<h2>This is tab 1 contents</h2>
<?php } ?>

Of course with jquery you simply desactivate the links... (return FALSE;) so your page either uses PHP if javascript is not activated or your javascript if it is activated.

Playtime a écrit :
Dear all,

I'm new to jquery and am just started to use the Ajax tabs in a site I
am building. However I do notice that if I disable javascript the tabs
just open the pages normally, which is no good as then inserted pages
don't contain any navigation or other elements.

Is there a way to get the tabs to still work without javascript, I
have seen some sites that still manage to do this and am unsure of
how?

Thanks,

Phil