Hello!

I don't know if this is a 100% jQuery-specific question, but here's
what I'd like to do: I'd like to add a hyperlink-functionality to a
textarea, so basically I'd just like to wrap a "<a href="this&that"></
a>" in plain text around the currently selected range in a textfield
using the URL specified in a dialog window (it gets saved as html
lateron).

That's all of the functionality I need (and want to allow) so I think
it would be a little too much to go for one of the markup-editor
plugins around.

How would the basic approach for this be?

Thanks alot!