I have some code that I need help with. I have a database with a list
of abbreviations with is encoded into JSON in a PHP script, the script
below pulls in that data and stores the data as objects (or thats how
I want it to be).

$("#load_abbr_data").click(function()
{
var abbrs = {}

        $.getJSON("jsondata.php",function(data)
                {
                        $.each(data.abbr_data, function(i,get_abbr_data)
                        {
                                var abbr = get_abbr_data.ABBR;
                                var desc = get_abbr_data.DESCRIPTION;
                                var lang =  get_abbr_data.LANG;

                                abbrs =
                                {
                                        abbr : [desc],

So I would like the resulting object to look like:

var abbrs =
{
  HTML : [ 'HyperText Markup Language']
, PHP: 'Personal Home Page'
}

But I don't think it does (or at least it only saves the last record).

And have this script run:

var somevar = "PHP";
        for( var i = 0 ; i < abbrs[somevar].length; i++)
        {
                var expanded = abbrs[somevar];
        }

alert( somevar + " is short for " + expanded );

But the problem is I can't get it to save as the example object. And
when I run the above script nothing works. Could I please have some
help in getting the JSON script working please.