Hi,

I have a new rev of the listnav plugin almost ready for release. Do you want to give it a try and let me know if the issue has been resolved? If so, let me know and I'll get a copy to you.

Thanks,
Jack

simshaun wrote:
Using jQuery 1.3.1,
This question refers to the ListNav plugin found here:
http://www.ihwy.com/Labs/jquery-listnav-plugin.aspx

I've got a fairly large dataset on my page consisting of ~1000 LI
elements.
Each letter of the alphabet contains ~40 LI elements.
Each LI element contains a varying amount of chars, but lets say ~70
chars.

In FF3, it takes about 3-4 seconds for the plugin to index the list.
In IE7, it takes about 1 second.
In IE6, it takes about 1 second.
In Safari 3.1 & Google Chrome, it takes about 14 seconds.

Why does it take so long in Safari 3.1 & Google Chrome?

URL for testing: http://www.simshaun.com/listnav.php