Hi Sam,

Sorry about taking a while to get back to you about this: for some reason this message didn't show up in my inbox til today. Very strange (this one and another one). I have a new rev of listnav almost ready and am expecting to release it this week. Would you like to try the beta version and see if the performance has changed? I didn't specifically change anything in that area, but my tests so far are looking pretty good for larger lists (I'm also testing using jquery 1.3.2, which might be part of it).

Thanks,
Jack

Sam wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.

It does seem to be okay in IE7, but slow in FF3.1 and Chrome.

I also added the timeout as you indicated, but that did not seem to
have an effect.

My research showed it was in the last phase of the init process, where
it decides whether to show all or click on a letter. If I set the
options to includeAll, but don't specify a letter, FF loads faster
initially, but the first letter click shows the delay.

- Sam