From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of chief
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:12 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] jQuery.height() or css issue?

So I have been trying to figure out this issue for a few days now.
Forgive me if it's something super simple that I am missing.

I have a super-simple XHTML 1.0 transitional page (that validates),
using Eric Meyer's CSS reset, and loading the latest jQuery from
Google's site. Then I have two simple divs inside a container div
(nothing floated) and above the container I have a div with a
paragraph in it that gets appended with the height of each of the two
divs upon document load. The thing is I am getting wildly different
numbers in different browsers.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about:
http://chief.fishbucket.com/jquery/heightissue.jpg

And you can check out the actual page/code here:
http://chief.fishbucket.com/jquery/

So is this a jQuery bug, or a CSS/browser issue?

Thanks for any help on this - it's been driving me insane.

-chief