On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Dor <dor9...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I understand that it's possible to use jQuery under the MIT license.

Correct.

> Do the jQuery UI apps & jQuery plugins are licensed under the MIT
> license too?

jQuery UI is licensed the same as jQuery. You can choose either MIT or GPL.

> Or that there are some apps that have different license which is
> specify in the application's page?
>
> I just want to make sure if I can use your jQuery product and it's
> derivatives (plugins & UI apps) under the MIT license only.

You can use both jQuery and jQuery UI under the MIT license only (at your
option). Outside of those two, exist jQuery Plugins[*]:

A jQuery plugin author could choose any license they want (assuming such a
choice made it possible to use it with one of jQuery's licenses). Many
choose to release with the same license(s) as jQuery (MIT or GPL) to keep
things simple and have a greater pool of potential users, but there's no
requirement they do so.

The jQuery Plugin Repository ( http://plugins.jquery.com/ ) doesn't yet have
license as a common field, but that's a requested feature ( see
http://ralphwhitbeck.com/2009/02/17/TheJQueryPluginRepositoryHowCanItBeImproved.aspx).
In the meantime you'll have to consult one or more of

- the plugin listing in the repository
- the plugin homepage
- the plugin source code

to find out license information.

( Sorry for my bad writing style, I'm not an English speaker. Please
> understand )

I had no problem understanding you. Please let us know if I missed anything.

- Richard

[*] http://rdworth.org/blog/2008/10/jquery-plugins-and-jquery-ui/