From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of DylanTusler
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:52 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: AJAX File Upload Options

I am having similar issues.

I have a site that employs a file upload control (www.ka72.com) and I tried
to add Ajax to it. In the end, it became obvious that this wasn't going to
work out, so I found a good example of using jquery to put an overlay on the
page.

That has all been fine, and it works very well for that purpose. The only
trouble I have is that I am very jquery-stupid, and I can't get the overlay
to appear ONLY for the click of the upload button, and not for every other
thing on the page. So now I have an overlay that displays whenever you click
any other control on the page, or even navigate away to another page
altogether.

Since I am using Ajax to hadn grid updates on another part of the page, now
the overlay takes control of the browser when people do things in the grid,
and appears to lock the browser. Any hints would be appreciated!!!

In the meantime, if you want to check my source, feel free...

Dylan.