Well, its written in Coldfusion using an ajax framwork  called
'ajaxCFC' whic uses DWRUtils.

The basic flow is:

onClick event triggers ajax function call to a javascript function
which then calls a Coldfusion component (sort of like an object)
'method' that does a CFHTTP (http get) request for the page that runs
the data refresh. The request response is returned from the method
call and then the call back function in the calling html page will
show some kind of result.

Problem is the page never actually gets run.

As far as pasting actual ajax code.. its pretty much handled by the
framework.

Could you possibly describe a scenario that you would see this working
with?

I could work from that.

Thanks so much.