I'm very happy with jQuery Validate, but am having difficulty with the following scenario:

    rules:
        "user[email]": {
          required: true,
          email: true,
remote: '/signups/unique_email?lf=' + $ ('.radios[checked]').attr('id')
        },

As you can see, this will (by default) issue an Ajax call after every keypress. The hash value onkeyup:false stops this behavior for all validations, but what I really want is to let all client-side behaviors take place on keyup, but the Ajax call only on change of focus.

Is there a handy way I'm not seeing to affect only the remote behavior as I describe?

Thanks, and thanks for this great plugin.