Okay, I tried using Troy Wolf's Proxy php page...  It's a little more
than what i needed, but it works just fine.

I think this is something with JQuery itself...  For anyone who wants
to look at this, i've uploaded it to my server:
http://ww2.krushradio.com/test/yp/jquery.zip

Now... I wanted to test this to see what exactly is the difference,
and find out if jquery is timing out, or if it's not waiting

First, I tested the proxy to make sure that it's reading the file
correctly...
http://ww2.krushradio.com/test/yp/2/proxy.php?proxy_url=http://yp.krushradio.com/getstream.aspx?stream=stream
Which it is.. that pulls in the correct xml document.. which I've
also
used as just krush.xml  (http://ww2.krushradio.com/yp/1/krush.xml)

So, I built 2 versions of it, one that pulls the xml from the server
which is live, and 1 that uses the xml from file..
http://ww2.krushradio.com/test/yp/1/index.html   and
http://ww2.krushradio.com/test/yp/2/index.html

The one with the flat file works fine, and does what it should.  The
other one, does not work..   Technically, the same xml file is being
fed to both using the proxy.php file.  So, i'm at a loss... Is there
wait function that it needs to use... which is what i thought the $
(document).ready(function(){  line is for..

So, i'm on the right track.. it just seems that i'm missing
something.

Any thoughts?