If you're concerned about the size of jQuery, then why not reference the
file as cached on Google's servers?

http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlibs/

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of jojobar
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 2:43 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Is jquery suitable for this...

Hi!

I am exploring different options to write a new program and would like to
get some ideas from the group is this way of doing things makes sense...

I have a main page and an iframe inside that page. We want to keep the
iframe code very small (because this is a ssl page and javascript wont
cache), so my idea is to load the jquery_ver.js on the main page but use all
jquery functions from inside the pages in the iframe.

This is because the top page will be loaded only once (with menus
etc.) and will not have impact on performance with lots of javascripts.

Is this possible. I am still learning jquery and tried a few things but it
won't work.

Thanks
jb