So I have a form that requires the user to enter their birth date. It
is set up as three separate inputs. It looks a  little something like
this:

                <li>
                <label class="description" for="date" name="birthday">Birth
Date</
label>

                        <input id="MM" name="birthday[]" class="element text"
size="2"
maxlength="2" value="" type="text"> /
                        <label>MM</label>

                        <input id="DD" name="birthday[]" class="element text
required"
size="2" maxlength="2" value="" type="text"> /
                        <label for="DD">DD</label>
                        <input id="YYYY" name="birthday[]" class="element text"
size="4"
maxlength="4" value="" type="text">
                        <label for="YYYY">YYYY</label>

                </li>

I  would like to have it so that the user is required to enter numeric
values into all three fields and if they don't then They get the "This
field is required" error message.