On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Adam Jessop <a...@infused-gaming.net> wrote:

> I appreciate the help :)
>

> Again though, seems a long winded approach to something that should work
> using the right syntax etc right?
> Surely this must be a bug in jQuery of some kind?

I don't think it's a bug at all. The issue is that you have a page
which needs to position images using percentages. That's fine, but
means that the specific *pixel* positions cannot be known until the
page loads. The only ways around your problem that I can see are the
two options I suggested. If you don't want to use the placeholder
method, you'll have to do some math and figure out the pixel positions
based upon the current screen size and your desired CSS position.