On Mar 6, 12:20 pm, "martijn.hout...@gmail.com"
<martijn.hout...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wanted to document this bug/feature in IE7:
>
> alert($("<div>foo\nbar</div>").html());
>
> This gives "foo bar" in IE7 and "foo\nbar" in FF. It might be related
> tohttp://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/6f03f58...
>
> I suspect this is done by IE's DOM parser? And there is nothing to do
> about it?

Alright, so even though \n is not really an HTML character and it is
not really supposed to be there, in my application I somewhat need it,
so I really need a fix for this.

Luckily, IE7 does not remove whitespace if you wrap it with a
<textarea> element, so:

alert($("<textarea>foo\nbar</textarea>").html());

actually produces the correct behavior. Thanks to Yereth for the
hint :-)
--
Martijn.