"from my point of view it's enough when i "scan" the header table and
(whatever is column width in "slave table") to allocate this width to
the
data cell (slave table).
am I wrong ?"

What if the data table's first column is not wider than the header
table's first column?  then you'll be smushing the header....

I mean the bottom line is:   want both columns on each table the same
width?  then you have to check both!

and the code is only checking two rows total (restricted by the
"tr:first" in the selector), it's not like you are saving any time or
CPU worth mentioning to rip through 6 <td>/<th>'s than 3 of them