Is anyone else trying to use jQuery on the iPhone? I'm doing a game
using PhoneGap for iPhone and iPod Touch (with the hope of moving on
to other phones). Everything was going swimmingly until I tried a
mousedown event. Works correctly in PC and Mac versions of Safari, but
no event occurs until the user pulls a finger up when using the
iPhone's Safari.

Current solution is to move from jQuery's "mousedown" to XUI library's
"touchstart" event.

Another concern with jQuery is that it's large compared to XUI. Much
of that is due to jQuery's smoothing out of IE's quirks.

Any thoughts of a tuned version of jQuery for mobile, or specifically
for iPhone?