jQuery doesn't include XML serialisation in it's core. A quick search
of the plugins repository came up with two projects that might help
(there may be more):

RPC
http://plugins.jquery.com/project/rpc
The is rpc(remote procedure call) client implementation based on
JQuery. It creates an rpc object and adds ability to call them. It
supports both xml and json rpc...

XML
http://plugins.jquery.com/project/xml
Methods to generate XML/HTML tags programmatically. By default, they
output XHTML compliant tags.

Karl Rudd