I am trying to detect image load completion in IE6 so I can apply a PNG
transparency filter at the right time (doing it earlier can result in
images with the wrong size). Unfortunately when using IE6 the load event
for images is fired before the image has loaded, as witnessed by the
fact that this snippet:

    $("img[src$=.png]").bind("load", function() {
       if (!this.complete) {
           alert ("Still NOT complete!");

results in a lot of alerts popping up. A simple workaround would be to
create an interval timer which poll the status of the complete property,
but I am wondering if jQuery has a better way to do this, or if there
are designs for a better strategy?

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.