OK - I have superfish functioning in vertical mode so that instead of
dropping down, it "drops up" as the submenus unfold. However, there
seems to be alignment issues with this that may be a quirk in the
coding?

What I mean is: if a second level list (child) has 3 <li> items or 4,
or 5, the positioning of the sublist (child) changes. Instead of
aligning the same way, relative to its parent. The same is true for
different first level (parent) list items - the second levels align
differently.

Just give the demo a try at: http://ehydrant.com/ray.html Look at
"menu item A" and "menu item C" - the second levels align totally
differently. Look at the subs too.

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or this is a quirk?

Also, how can I change the text alignment on the buttons so that it
aligns left? I can't find any CSS that effects it.

Thanks.