I think I figured out the passing part. If I am reading the
documentation correctly it seems that the variable is retrieved in
your PHP file via the $_GET["var"] command (does this seem correct?).
Now I have the ability to check the database for availability but then
I'm stuck again. So the documentation states that response is
evaluated as a JSON (true or false)... Can anyone provide me with an
example of how to do this?

Thanks in Advance!