Hello Everyone,

I am doing some research on JavaScript library, concentrating on
jQuery / MooTools and Prototype JS and I was wondering what is
jQuery's equivalent to Prototype JS's Ajax.Updater.

A simple method to update an id selector; this nav contains an
"active" class to highlight and deactivate the button. When a new
button is selected, the new gets "activated" while the old gets
"deactivated"

====

var url = "update_nav.php";
var pars = "active=thisbutton";
var myAjax = new Ajax.Updater("nav", url, {method: 'post', parameters:
pars});

<ul class="nav">
   <li class="active">jQuery</li>
   <li>MooTools</li>
   <li">Prototype JS</li>
</ul>

====

I did find this post about a pluging called tabs,
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/1f509b0f91b42f0f/5b69918fa8e91dc8?lnk=gst&q=ajax+update#5b69918fa8e91dc8,
but i don't always use this method for menu items.