For jQuery UI Tabs I get that issue too where it will display the HTML
list before turning into tabs. Though usually only just for the
initial load where the JS scripts have not been cached yet.

The only workaround I've tried was making the <div> container for your
tabs hidden initially, and when the tabs script is finally set, show
the div.