Thank you very much for a great answer  which nearly solved my
question in a very elegant way, I have even discovered in studying
selectors a little more thouroughly ( jquery doc)  that you can use
jQuery('.choix').click(function(e) {
$(this).parent().parent().hide();
and it will go 2 levels up instead of one as described in you solution
Thanks to great people like you Josh I am learning ( slowly)
Many thanks
Jean from France