There is probably a more concise way to do this, but I'll break down
the steps

// regular expression pattern to get the hash value
var patt = new RegExp("[^#]+$");

// The href of your attribute. This is a generic example, you will
// probably need to provide a more specific jQuery selector to get the
"a" you
// want to manipulate
var href = $('a').attr('href');

// search for hash value in href
var hashval = patt.exec(href);

// Again, you'll probably need a more specific jQuery selector
// overwrite the existing href of the selected "a"
$('a').attr('href','path/to/' + hashval + '.html');