One thing i never understand about posts like this:

Who in the world is going to be looking at 10,000 (or more!) rows of
data at once?    Are they on an OC3 connection to download the 20 meg
HTML file?

Surely there has to be a better and waaay more efficient way to show
the users the data they want to see

You're digging yourself a deep hole on both the server and client
sides