I need to select an element like this:

and I've found that both of the following work:

    $(".class_a").filter(".class_1").css("background-color", "red");

    $(".class_a.class_1").css("background-color", "red");

The first one makes sense and is documented on the website.  But the
second one isn't documented anywhere as far as I can tell.

My question is this: is this, i.e.

   $(".class_a.class_1")

intended, documented behavior or is this some fluke that is likely to
disappear?  Is there a URL where this behavior is documented?  I would
like to use the second selector syntax (i.e., $(".class_a.class_1") )
but don't want to rely on it if it's likely to disappear.

Thanks!