I'm trying to select the text in the <link> element in the xml below:

<press_releases>
  <press_release>
    <title>title text</title>
    <teaser>teaser text</teaser>
    <publication_date>publication date</publication_date>
    <link>http://www.linkgoeshere.com</link>
    <link_type>external</link_type>
  </press_release>
<press_releases>

Using the following code:

$(xml).find('press_release').each(function() {

    var linkText = $(this).children("link").text();

});

This works in IE, however Firefox returns nothing (I can select all
the other elements)

If I alert:

$(this).text()

I can see the entire object including the link text. However If I
alert:

$(this).children().text()

I can see the everything but the link element text.

I presume the fact that <link> is an HTML tag that only contains
attributes is causing a conflict here, I *might* be able to get the
xml changed but would rather not if there's an easy solution.