Hello,

I am trying to grab the child of element in my html (see below)

<th class="name" colspan="4">

        <b class='add'>&nbsp;</b>
</th>

I am trying to use this Jquery Code to grab the "b" child element of
"th".  I want to change the class element for b from "add" to
"subtraction"

var $selected = $(this).children("th.name");

console.log($selected); /*  returns Object length=0 prevObject=Object
context=th.name */
console.log($selected.find("b").length);  /* returns 0 */

When I try to select b, for obvious reasons the remove and add class
doesnt work

$selected.find("b").removeClass().addClass("subtraction");

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Regards

Martin Ikediashi