Okay...

Another question. I'm having an odd issue with the message area of the
plugin, specifically with remote methods. When the remove method fires, as
in my original post. The problem is that I want to do some additional error
display when the error fires. Problem is that the message key appears to be
getting triggered whether there's an error fired or not.

For example, I'm checking to see if a key exists in the database. If it
does, the message should be displayed, AND  the fom field containing the key
should have it's background color changed. The problem is that the
background color changes whether the msg is displayed or not. Is this a bug,
or intended behaviour?

Here's my code to this point.

messages: {
    pagealias: {
        required: 'Page alias is required',
        remote: function(){
            // also highlight the field containing the error
            $field.pulse({
                backgroundColors: ['#fffffff','#ea7f1e']
            }).bind('focus', function(){
                $(this).recover();
            });
            return 'This page alias is already in use';

andy

  _____