I have the following code:

  <head>
    <title>Hover example</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="hover.css">
    <script type="text/javascript"
            src="../scriptsNew/jquery-1.3.2.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function report(event) {
            $('#console').append('<div>' + event.type + '</
div>').stop;
            event.stopPropagation();
            //alert( event.isPropagationStopped());
      }

      $(function() {
          $('#outer1')
         .bind('mouseover', report)
         .bind('mouseout', report);
          $('#outer2').hover(report, report);
      });
    </script>
  </head>

      Outer 1
      Outer 2

When an event handler is fired, an instance of a class named Event is
passed to the handler as its first parameter.
Where should I declare it? Do you have any idea? This eample is from
the book.

thank you,
Simon