From: MorningZ <morni...@gmail.com>
Subject: [jQuery] Re: question about getJSON and surrounding JavaScript
comments in JSON
To: "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 7:49 AM

That doesn't make any sense

"getJSON", makes an AJAX call and expects, well, it expects JSON

if what your calling has comments surrounding it, then it isn't JSON,
so that function won't work

You'll have to use the generic ".ajax" method, strip off the comments,
and then, ugggh, "eval()" to turn the uncommented string into JSON