I am using the validation plugin and the form plugin to validate my
form and then submit the information via ajaxSubmit. I have everything
working with the exception of my success callback function. Once the
form is successfully validated I just want to wait about 2 - 3 seconds
to run a script and then redirect the user to a new page. This works
but the code is executed immediately:

var options = {
     success: createAccount,
     clearForm: true
};

        $("#submitForm").validate({
                rules: {
                                               //Insert Rules Here
                },
                messages: {
                                               //Insert Messages Here
                },
                submitHandler: function(form) {
                        jQuery(form).ajaxSubmit(options);

function createAccount () {
     //Do Stuff
     setTimeOut(//Redirect, 2000);
}

So instead of waiting 2 seconds to redirect the code is executed as if
the timer isn't even there!! Can anyone please help me with this? I
have tried everything and still the timer does not work!!