From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Jack Killpatrick
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 1:06 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] OT: AIR sync?

Sorry for the slightly off topic post, but I know there are some AIR devs on
this list and someone might have a tip for me.

I'm planning an Adobe AIR app that will be written with HTML/jQuery and
needs to do offline sync (using SQLite db on AIR side, mysql on server side
and json web services). IE: an online user must be able to sync their SQLite
db from the server, disconnect, modify records, then reconnect and sync back
to the server, with any conflicts (due to someone else changing the same
record since they last got it) raised so that we can notify the user and
offer a conflict resolution dialog.

I've googled around a bunch, but am not finding much (about best practices,
or opensource code to help me along, or 3rd party products to help). We have
experience doing sync in other projects, just not in AIR, so are doing some
fishing.

If anyone has some links, advice, etc, thanks in advance!

- Jack